Realize the value of your fine art and antiques
Selling fine art and antiques in the UAE can be difficult to do without professional help.
Sellers often ask us:
- How do I know if it’s the right time to sell?
- What is my artwork or antique worth?
- How do I decide what reserve price to sell for?
- How do I find a buyer who will give a good price?
- How do I transport the item once it is sold?
Let Estuary Auctions sell your property at auction, and our experienced team will help guide you through the auction process from start to finish to make the selling process as stress-free as possible.
We can help by:
- Establishing market trends for your items
- Valuing or appraising your items accurately
- Agreeing a satisfactory reserve price
- Photographing and cataloguing your items professionally
- Marketing to our targeted database of worldwide art and antiques collectors, dealers and investors
- Auctioning your property live, with online bidding
- Dealing with buyers on your behalf with discretion
- Arranging professional packing and shipping
Services for Sellers
Selling at auction – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Providing an accurate valuation for a beautiful work of art, jewellery or antique carpet can sometimes be challenging. The team at Estuary Auctions have years of experience in handling rare and unique items. We combine this knowledge with an indepth understanding of local markets and trends, and take into account the condition of the item, to give you our professional opinion on what price you could expect to receive at auction. To find out more and to book a no-obligation Valuation or Appraisal, click here
Most auction houses take a commission from the seller on items sold at auction. We will agree this in advance with you. If your item sells, you will receive a payment which is based on the ‘hammer price’ minus the agreed commission and any other pre-agreed expenses (for example, shipping and handling or specialist marketing). To speak to one of our team about offering an item for auction, contact us today
If the bidding on your lot does not reach the reserve price, then your item will not sell in the auction. If this happens, our team will help you to decide what to do next.
You may choose to:
- Take back your property.
- Offer your item for sale in another auction.
- Sell your item privately.
Any costs agreed in advance of the auction (for example, shipping and handling), will be invoiced after the auction. To find out more about selling an item at auction, contact us and we would be delighted to assist you.
The Estuary team works with an approved network of logistics companies to pack, handle and transport your precious and valuable items with the care and respect they deserve. Our staff can help arrange to have your property collected from a destination of your choice and delivered to our auction house in Abu Dhabi. We can also arrange packing, shipping and insurance for your sold items to their new buyer. To find out more about shipping, handling and insurance, please contact us